Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge

For today's PaperTrey blog hop, we were to use a PaperTrey set that hadn't seen ink yet.  I have all of the Take Three sets and I even have the die, but with the exception of one sentiment, I hadn't used any of the fun square images. 


I really like the Clean and Simple look for Sympathy cards and PaperTrey makes it so simple.  Each of their stamps has such style, it can stand alone.  And...their sets often coordinate with each other, so you have a variety of options from which to select.

As I was looking at our greeting card sales racks at church, I realized that I loved the clean and simple look so much, that the sympathy section had no color??!!  So I had decided that no matter what the colors were for the SplitCoast Color Challenge this morning - I was GOING to make a sympathy card with color!



So - two totally different looks for sympathy.  I like them both and, although my heart will always tend toward lots of white space, I will have to bring out the colors more often!

Take Three Thinking of You:
  • Stamps: PaperTrey Take Three Summer and Spring, Through the Trees sentiment
  • Ink: PaperTrey Dark Chocolate, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf, and a substitute color to match Blueberry Sky
  • Paper: PaperTrey Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky
  • Accessories: PaperTrey rounded corner square dies, Simply Chartreuse ribbon
  • Challenges: the sweetest thing Sunday Sketch Challenge

Wishing You Comfort:

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. WOW. I really loved the simple looks of the first one and the colors are very nice as well. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- both of your cards are just gorgeous! I agree with you that clean and simple is the best way to go for sympathy cards, and you really pulled it off! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice crisp and clean. If I were to pick a favorite I like the second one, but both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the simple design of the first card.The colour choice of blue and green are very serene for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clean, crisp colors. Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, these are both marvelous. I don't know which one I like better (probably the vintage one - LOL). You did a fabulous job on the analogous color challenge. Love the way the colors pop against the white. So happy to have you joining in the fun with us again this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love card #1 and the color scheme you used!! I love all the white on there, it just makes the other colors pop! Card #2 is really beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your cards...the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Kim! You've outdone yourself!! Thanks for sharing all of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - these are beautiful! I really, really love the first one - those colours are so clean and go with your blog name so well! I really do love the way you've mixed and balanced the images on it too - they look fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim both cards are gorgeous!! I lean towards less color for sympathy cards too, thanks for inspiring me to use more color with your beautiful creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find it so difficult to make sympathy cards. Thanks for the inspiration found in your 2 beautiful examples.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sympathy cards are the ones I find hardest to make...than you for 2 beautiful examples.
    Both are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore your second sympathy card. I never would have put those colors together, but they are absolutely elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are so tastefully done! So sophisticated and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim I love your clean, crisp design and layout! Great job on the color challenge! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kim -- I love, love, love your card. The colors are so fresh and beautiful together. Great job! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your color combo and this sketch is fabulous! Great use of these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Kim! Your blog is so new ... and yet you have so many comments! What is your secret, girl??? oh ... what a stupid question ... your creations are just stunning. When someone discovers that ... they stay! congrats hunny! Another couple of beauties here, Kim! And ... good on you for using colours outside of your comfort zone. Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of these are just beautiful, Kim. I love the first one the most......something about green and blue that I just love together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of your cards are really lovely, Kim. I completely agree with you about the need for color even on a sympathy card. You've done a wonderful job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of your cards are just beautiful, I love your color combos!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. Love the color combo! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. They are both great, but I love the first one... I can even see a baby card there, and will bookmark your site! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool cards, love the CAS nature of the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!