Friday, June 21, 2013

Fab Friday and Nacho Average Sketch: Can't Thank You Enough

I have another card that I made at my friend's house - the friend that I talked about yesterday who has an incredible Stampin' Up collection.  I wanted to try out the new colors and I remember that the current Fab Friday challenge was to use all five of them on one card and that the sketch at Nacho Average Challenge had five banners.  I think it was meant to be!

Can't Thank You Enough

This is one of the new sets from Stampin' Up called Chalk Talk. The scribbling on the hearts is a chalk effect.  I tell you that because as I am sitting here looking at this picture, I think it looks like I did a really bad job with markers!!  It's supposed to look like that!!




A FIRE UPDATE: Did you hear that the fire that I showed you last week that was just south of here ending up burning over 500 homes?  They expect to have that fire totally out today.  It has been a real eye-opener the last few years to realize that wildfires can threaten entire communities.    There were other fires burning at that time too that did serious damage to other areas of Colorado - lots of land and many structures (an entire tourist area is gone with very sad pictures of a blackened carousel) - but not homes, so they didn't get as much attention. There are still a dozen other fires burning today.  There's even an entire small town of 3,000 people on pre-evac notice.  In an entirely different situation, yesterday a dear blogging friend commented that her town was declared a state of emergency due to heavy rains and flooding.  Even my local news was showing the massive amounts of water and the damage in Western Canada with 100,000 people affected.  (I do hope all is well.) Wouldn't you think this could all be evened out somehow??

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Chalk Talk
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, I really struggle with flags, but you have nailed it! The weather sounds awful, it makes count your blessings when these things happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is such fun. Love the wood grain embossing behind your fun flags and hearts. Those little blings on the hearts are the perfect finishing touch. Love this card. Great design. I've been praying for those affected by the fires near you. Glad to hear they'll be out soon. And I'm a bit worried about C. Haven't heard from her since yesterday, and am hoping it's the power that's out and nothing more serious. Those videos of the flooding are frightening. Will keep praying. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card... Love those colours...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim a fabulous card, love the colours. I have been following the fires and I am so glad they have it under control now. The water damage in Western Canada has been highlighted so much in the news here. I agree why is Mother Nature not getting it right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheery card! I love all of the white space and the way you made a bow. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous details, Kim ... the ruffle ribbon, the embossed background, the little gems on the hearts ... love it all! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome card! I love the banners and that you used just part of the stamp to include a heart on each one. The ribbon and bow look fantastic too. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty in the new colours and the scribbled hearts are fab on the flags! Hope all stays well with you and yours. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. The heart with chalk effect looked like you said that you did a bad job with markers. But it goes very well with embossed background. Lovely card! Btw, I wish I could join you stamping at your friend's house since I have no friends lived nearby to crop together. :) Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! I'm so sorry to hear about the fires--I'm south of you in NM, so can sympathize!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pinned this card, really cute!
    Mother nature sure has been reeking havoc the last couple of years! I am heartbroken for all those that lost everything. We are passing through your lovely state on our way to AZ in a week. Glad the fires seem to be under control, hope it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty! Pretty! Can't wait to get my hands on some of the new goodies! Have to wait until 2 July. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would definitely say that these 2 challenges are made to be combined after seeing your great card! I love all the white open space as it lets the colored hearts pop! And great job on the ruffled trim! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, Kim. Congrats on winning the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just a wonderful job on this card! I love the technique on the hearts.. the "kissing" technique would also work great here! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!