Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: A Trio of Cakes

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle. She's just been picked to be part of the 2024 Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team. What an amazing honor and so deserved.  Here’s what I did with it!

A Trio of Cakes

 


I don't know about the rest of you, but there was no cardmaking in my house over the holidays. This card was a struggle - I was totally out of practice. Or maybe it's just because my eye had gotten used to Christmas colors and this is not a Christmas card.  Whatever the reason, this card took an inordinately long time and I'm still not even certain that I like it!

After a number of false starts, I was flipping through my not-yet-used dies and saw this tiny little die peeking out from beneath all the rest.  It's packaged in a little 2x2 bag so just got lost beneath the rest.  It's been there for a while because I don't even see it on the company website anymore. I decided to make it deserved to be on this card. I picked three colors from the rainbow of colors that I love to use then picked a lighter version of each color. For the sentiment, I just went with the longest one I could find.  

Hopefully my cardmaking next weekend will be less of a chore!  And hopefully your cardmaking is never a chore!!  I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Altenew Sentiments Strips 2

Dies: My Creative Time Baby Cake die

7 comments:

  1. So very cute...glad you found that sweet little die! I think all of us are a bit rusty in the craft department at this time of the year..I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks terrific to me! That's a cute little cake and i like the dotted backgrounds. No card making here either thanks to Covid : ( Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my house - no card making for two weeks here either! It was a struggle getting into it again! This card is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sweet cake trio, Kim! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card Kim! I love that trio of cakes (I would totally love a trio of cakes!)! Love the colours and that amazing embossed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours you've chosen for your card are fabulous and this wee die is perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This trio of birthday cakes is so fun, especially with the embossed dot background. I know what you mean about feeling rusty - after the festive break it does take a while to get back into it for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!