Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Frosted Cupcake

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile and here’s what I did with it!

   Frosted Cupcake 


I'm a very regular-shaped, balanced kind of card-maker so I thought this sketch would be an extreme challenge for me.  But the card actually came together quickly and I ended up loving it. It's Cécile's sketch and she is absolutely the queen of fresh and clean, yet unique and eye-catching cards. I'm not good at creating layouts like she does but with her sketch in front of me, my card has a wonderfully fun and celebratory look that I never would have figured out on my own.

The cupcake is Frosted Cupcake by My Favorite Things. I pulled a scrap of polka dot paper from the scrap bin. After I cut it, I folded it to give it some dimension.  All the other colors are a mix of cardstock from a variety of companies selected to match the polka dots. The background paper is actually shimmer white to give it a bit more sparkle and shine. 

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches. I think you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Avery Elle Simple Sentiments

Dies: My Favorite Thing Frosted Cupcake, Honey Bee Scallop A2 Card Frames

Paper: Taylored Expressions Shimmer White, scrap of polka dot papers with various cardstock to coordinate

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun birthday card - bright and happy! And yes I adore Celine's style too and enjoyed creating something in her style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it, Kim! This is extra cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it, Kim! This is extra cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More cake!!! I hope that big cupcake is calorie free!! I love it! This is just the cheeriest of cards! Love the colours and the scalloped edging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something very fun about those bold blocks of colour Kim and the dotty cupcake case brings the whole card together. Great idea to fold too - love the touch of dimension this adds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card just screams fun! From the colours to the jaunty placement of those strips to that fab cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!