Thursday, December 14, 2023

Sketch Saturday: Warmest Wishes

I have just a couple of Christmas cards left to do but they are the ones that are personal. In this case, my son's girlfriend whom I haven't met, but many months ago when my son suggested this one was serious enough for me to send a birthday card, also told me that strawberries and bunnies would be a great theme.  So I decided to use the bunny theme for Christmas too!

Warmest Wishes

I wasn't quite sure how to make the card special, then happily Sketch Saturday came out with a fun sketch that I think really made the card unique and special.



The image is from Paper Rose. It must be older because I got the stamp at one online store (that didn't have the die) and the die at a different online store (that didn't have the stamp).  Isn't it amazing how far I'll go to not have to fussy cut something!!?  Then at one of those stores, I saw the paper and thought the soft colors and patterns would be just right.  And the paper happened to have a coordinating flower die! Finally, I had seen the Ink Blot Shop Holiday Times Sentiments and knew the look of them would be just right for this card so into my cart that went.  For those of you who are adding up all of these purchases - just stop - I don't want to know - this ended up being a very expensive card!!

A big thank you to Sketch Saturday for the inspiration that made this card special.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Paper Rose Bunny & Guinea Snowman and die, Ink Blot Shop Holiday Times Sentiments

Dies: Echo Park Cozy Bunch (from Winterland collection), Memory Box Wrapped Stitch Rectangles

Paper: Echo Park Winterland 6x6, Stampin' Up Blushing Bride, Soft Succulent and Smoky Slate

Other: Pretty Pink Posh Snowflake Mix

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I saw that sketch and scratched my head, but after seeing your card, I may give it a go! I love the non-traditional colors you used! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of your to make a card for your son's girlfriend and it's an adorable one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the sweetest card! I LOVE the bunny and guinea pig with the snowman! That paper you chose is just gorgeous! I tell my husband that my craft supplies are cheaper than therapy! LOL!! Sue N

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may have been expensive, but imagine the JOY it will give. The bunny and snowman are adorable together and I LOVE the mix of pretty papers. They are perfect elements for this fun sketch! Happy New Year, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!