Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Strawberry Love

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko and here’s what I did with it!

Strawberry Love

This was specifically designed for my son and his girlfriend.  I have not met her yet. I asked my son early on what she likes so I can personalize cards and he said bunnies and strawberries.  I also know that they read my blog post on their Christmas card.  I'm crossing my fingers that they don't read my blog post every day - just when it's theirs. When they do...

"Sarah and Andrew, Happy Valentine's Day.  I hope you find a special way to celebrate - probably involving strawberries! I'm sorry if you are seeing this early. This card will make it to your mailbox soon.  Sarah, when we do eventually meet and I know you better, we'll know if Andrew was right about the bunnies and strawberries!"

The strawberry paper is from a paper pack available from Stampin' Up during Sale-a-bration. I hadn't really intended to use it today. I did start out knowing I was doing a Valentine with hearts down the side but I just wasn't finding fun hearts that were the right size in my stash. The light bulb came on when I saw this paper sitting on the corner of my desk waiting to be put away. Thank goodness I'm a little behind on organizing my stash! I also knew I had strawberries (purchased for the same girlfriend) then found a bold sentiment 6so it would stand out on that paper, but still decided to add a strip of vellum behind it.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Lawn Fawn Strawberry Patch, Ellen Hutson Essential Hearts, Gemini With Love, Honey Bee Stamps Scallop A1 Card Frames (just used as a border on the vellum)

Paper: Stampin' Up Sunny Days (sale-a-bration), cardstock in Shaded Spruce, Sweet Sorbet and Crushed Curry, misceallaneous vellum

Other: Stampin' Up Playing with Patterns Resin Dots


5 comments:

  1. This is lovely and all the more special since it includes one of Sarah's favorites! The vellum was the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card - and I love your message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome personalization...can't wait to hear if he is right! Adorable card and sure to be so special to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful strawberry card and an even more beautiful message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet card! Those strawberries look so yummy and juicy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!