Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Nordic Fanfare Butterfly

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Judy and here’s what I did with it!
 
Nordic Fanfare Butterfly


The butterfly is from Poppystamps - the Nordic Fanfare Butterfly. It's a recent release and it was one of those purchases that I didn't think about too long.  I saw it - it was stunning - and I ordered it. The only real "challenge" was choosing colors for it. I think I was impacted by the absolutely freezing temperatures outside my craft room window when I used blue tones - although the blues do connect with its "Nordic" name. I already have it cut in soft spring colors and I'll definitely use it again with brilliant summer or even autumn colors.

I thought this was the perfect sketch for it.  Just a hint of scallops to frame it - and a bit of gingham paper down the side. All the focus is on the butterfly just as it should be!!

I've heard that all 50 states in this country were under some kind of weather warning this weekend.  Ours was dangerously cold temperatures.  I handled it by staying inside the entire weekend, crafting, knitting and reading, and there was perhaps some alcohol involved (there's nothing more warming on the inside than an Old Fashioned with a good bourbon!)  If you are in the States, I hope you comfortably survived whatever weather was thrown your way!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Memory Box/Open Studio Whittle Sayings

Dies: Poppystamps Nordic Fanfare Butterfly

Paper: Stampin' Up Pretty Peacock, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party

Other: Stampin' Up Glossy Dots Assortment

6 comments:

  1. Love this! A breath of fresh air during this chilly, wintery time! I spent time knitting, reading and a wee bit of stamping myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put that fabulous butterfly to good use, this is lovely, Kim! Don't you just love all of the Poppy Nordic products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly is a lovely breath of spring! No spring around here yet either.....soooooo cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the sweetest! That butterfly is beautiful and I can see why you scooped it up when you saw it! Absolutely love the colours! It's warmed up a bit here but still cold and we have one more day of cold before some much warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your monochromatic card and that gorgeous die-cut go together perfectly! So very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the details on that butterfly! So pretty! I love the scallops with the gingham pattern too! We made it through our -40 days. Yesterday was a balmy 33 and people were wearing shorts....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!