Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Consume Coffee

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell and here’s what I did with it!
 
Consume Coffee


My stash of masculine all-purpose cards has gotten very low and with two single adult sons negotiating job hunts, new jobs, various life disappointments and also successes - I need a stash. I figured this one would be for my job-hunting son on the day of an interview probably with a coffee gift card inside.  So I went very basic with the card because neither son appreciates even a hint of bling (a word which they always say with contempt - mostly when they realize there's some form of bling stuck to their shoe or to the cat's tail!)

I'm not in love with the card I ended up with - but I love the idea of it.  I should have backed it with kraft so it had the warm look of coffee.  It feels a little cold with the white and a "coffee" card definitely should not feel cold!  But I love that die - it's from the old (and very much missed company) of Paper Smooches.  I paired it with a coffee sentiment and die from Stampin' Up. 

I tried to honor the sketch with my sentiment across the middle of the coffee cup and then instead of the scallops, I used a narrow oval as a shadow (probably a bit of a stretch but that oval was definitely inspired by the sketch!)

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Nothing's Better Than

Dies: Paper Smooches Cozy Coffee, Stampin' Up Love You More Than dies, My Favorite Things Oval Shadows, Avery Elle Wonky Stitches

4 comments:

  1. I love everything about this "stripped down - no bling guy card!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific guy card, Kim! Maybe your son will use the gift card for an iced coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card! Your son is going to love it - especially with a gift card inside! That coffee cup is fabulous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why you don't love this card because it's pretty awesome! Who needs bling?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!