Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Lights for a Purple-Lover

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum and here’s what I did with it!

A Purple Christmas


I knew right away what I was going to do with this sketch. I love it when that happens.  I had sorted out all of my Christmas cards and realized I only had five people for whom I didn't have just the right card. My purple-loving workmate was one of them so a string of purple Christmas lights was exactly what I needed to do.  Isn't that just the best part of this hobby?!

I had recently spent an afternoon playing in my Stampin' Up demo's craft room and did a number of cards with this set. In fact, I enjoyed it so much, I ended up ordering it for myself! Probably a silly thing to do because I've already made quite a few with it and there will always the next new thing. So I figured I'd get this one card made with it just in case it doesn't come out to play again.

FYI: The star is not the one that comes with the Merry & Bright dies. There's only one star die and I was too lazy to run it through the Big Shot six times. So I just used a punch to quickly get the six stars.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLIES

Stamps: Stampin' Up Merry & Bright (and dies)

Ink: Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather, Taylored Expressions Lavender Glaze, Jelly Donut and Eggplant

Paper: Memory Box Polished Foil Pad and Majestic Hues Glitter Pad

Other: Star Punch

6 comments:

  1. Yea! Love your purple lights! Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and festive take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Those Christmas lights are perfect! My purple-loving sister would love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic card! I love those lights! The purple is so fun! I love those sparkly stars too! Your co-worker is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect sentiment as this is such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the purple lights! De-LIGHT- ful holiday card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!