Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Saw That

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell and here’s what I did with it! 

Santa Saw That


Santa got out his Christmas stationary and wrote one of my sons a note!  I've used this stamp set a number of times for them, and when I saw the sketch for this week, I knew the set would come out again.  Both of my sons are slowly moving into adulthood and they seem to be doing it in a very adult way (at their age, I was not nearly as calm and settled - but it was the 80s!)  So the sentiment does not entirely fit them, but I'm not quite ready to give it up.

I found a scrap of plaid paper and found some bright green to go with it. The notebook paper die seemed a little too big for the sentiment so I decided to add some trees and snowflakes and am calling it Christmas stationary.  The background and the notebook paper is a naturals type white paper with the flecks. I stamped Santa on plain white so his beard would pop and then fussy cut him.

Now I just have to decide which son deserves this!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Essentials by Ellen Tis the Season

Dies: Papertrey Ink Spiral Notebook, Stampin' Up Sizzlits Merry Details for the trees (REALLY old!), Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes

Paper: Plaid from scrap bin, Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green

Other: Stampin' Up Polka Dots Embossing Folder

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love that Santa, and the sentiment is perfect for older children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Santa is too cool for school! Fun card, Kim. I think you need one for both sons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ZZ Top Santa is one of my faves! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the humor of this card. It's really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I love the combo of plaid and fun Santa! (The Santa always reminds me of ZZ Top)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Santa and the saying are so fun and perfect for young adults!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun card! I love that Santa and the sentiment! I love that note pad paper look too! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!