Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Merry Joyful Season

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by me and here’s what I did with it!

Merry Joyful Tree


This was kind of a selfish sketch because I knew that I had some large Christmas dies that I had not yet used so I left lots of open space. Then while I don't use a lot of patterned paper, I love a splash of it so I included the banner/stripe across the bottom. That was the idea anyway.  I couldn't find patterned paper that I wanted to use - none of my paper seemed bright and bold enough to anchor that tree. So I created my own using strips of cardstock in the colors that I wanted. 

The tree is by Simon Says Stamp and it's one of those wonderful dies that does all the work! Not that there isn't a lot that you could do with it, but I think it works just backed by red.  The only fiddly part of it is adhering the centers of the As, Os and Rs. So if I'd actually found patterned paper that I wanted to use, this would have been an extremely quick and easy card.

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Simon Says Stamp Holiday Stack

Cardstock: Taylored Expressions Cilantro, Lime Zest and Cupcake, Stampin' up Poppy Parade and Flirty Flamingo

Other: Stampin' Up Polka Dot embossing folder

9 comments:

  1. This is festive and full of fun, Kim! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Kim! Thanks for a great sketch this week. I love that you designed it around this fabulous die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect use of that die! Love the bright splash of color across the bottom! Great skerch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sketch and a fun sentiment tree! I love those stripes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun card! I love that big tree/sentiment die cut! Love the colours and that sweet little ribbon tied around it! Thanks for a super fun sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This die cut sentiment is so perfect for the sketch. You were smart to design it for this (I never seem to be able to work with my own sketch so I need to learn from you). Thanks so much for an awesome sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, we're allowed to be a bit selfish when we are the sketch designer :) This is such a fabulous card and that big die is indeed perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your sketch for the challenge, and your card is fantastic! That die is very cool, so MANY possibilities with it...also, thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and sweet support!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you used a big sentiment for the focal panel on your fun sketch! And your custom-made dsp adds a perfect festive touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!