Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Christmas Ribbons

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko and here’s what I did with it!
 
Christmas Ribbons

Even though the sketch has circles, my mind immediately saw bows and ribbons. I had that all cut out before I had any idea what I was going to do for a sentiment. I thought about a gift tag or tags but they just hid too much of the ribbon then I realized that this sentiment set by Hello Bluebird was the right size and had multiple options that could work together.

A shout out to Brian King and his blog Stamp with Brian.  If you are into Stampin' Up (or even if you are not), you definitely need to follow him.  Not only wonderful cards - but he also gives color combos and that's my shout out today. I know the color combination on my card isn't all that unique - but it is for me.  It would never have occurred to me to pair Calypso Coral with classic Christmas colors. Not to mention, Mossy Meadow doesn't come out often for me (although as I'm typing this, I really don't why - it's gorgeous).  This is a trio of colors from this post on his blog and I thank him for the inspiration!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Hello Bluebird Typed Christmas

Dies: Papertrey Ink Bows Galore

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade and Mossy Meadow

Other: Spellbinders Scattered Christmas Embossing Folder of the Month (Oct 2022), Stampin' Up Embellishments Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots (real red), Adhesive-Backed Speckled Dots (mossy meadow), Fine Sparkle Adhesive-Backed Gems (calypso coral)

7 comments:

  1. I miss CASE this Sketch and being a teammate of Brian's, Kim - he is one talented card maker... speaking of - this is so very beautiful with those sweet little bows and gorgeous embossing!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked the sketch with this fabulous card! Those simple strips and bows let the pretty embossed panel have it's moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color combo, too, Kim,! The bows are just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little bows are just so sweet! I love this color combo too (not one I would have thought of). Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kim! I just love that embossed background! Those little bows and the cute little sentiments are so sweet! Definitely a beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embossed backdrop and those sweet bows are perfect! And yep Brian is terrific with color! This color combo of bows is so fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These little bows are so cute and your colour combo is fabulous! Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!