Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Holiday Centerpiece

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Karren and here’s what I did with it!

Holiday Centerpiece


I ventured a little further from the sketch that I normally do. I almost didn't play along this week.  I spent a week with the flu and still feel totally run down - so not a lot of mojo.  I played around with the sketch exactly as is and instead of enjoying it, I got frustrated. So I decided to go with dies that I really wanted to use - and hope you can see still see the sketch in it!

The dies, except for the sentiment, come from Photoplay's Holiday Centerpiece.  It's a gorgeous set! The picture does not do this card justice. (To top off the lack of mojo, it was a gloomy, snowy day for pictures so it looks rather dull and flat.  Wow - could I whine any more??!)  Not only did I use gold foil for various elements, the paper has gold speckles in it.  So here's a quick snap just to show a little bit of the shine. 

Holiday Centerpiece

I ended up having fun with this card and I have the perfect receipient in mind.  So I may be whiny - but my craft room brought me out of my post-flu slump - so I promise to stop complaining.

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches. 

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Photoplay Holiday Centerpiece, Spellbinders Make It Merry Sentiments 

Paper: Lawn Fawn Spiffier Speckles, Stampin' Up Real Red, Garden Green and Pecan Pie, Taylored Expressions Shimmer White and Buttercream Frosting, Papertrey Ink Cocoa Bean, Concord & 9th Gold Foil

Other: Pinkfresh Gold Glitter Drops

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely and elegant, Kim. Whine away, the flu is no fun! Hope you're back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful Christmas card, Kim. Love the splatters of gold and the sentiment too! Thanks for having me at FMS this week and I hope you have a great December and Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous Kim! I love the Christmas candle! It's so pretty! I'm trying to tell myself I don't need to add those dies to my wish list! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well and hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not play along? I think this is absolutely lovely, and perfect for the sketch! I hope you are feeling better. The flu is no fun. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant holiday card! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're feeling better now, Kim. Despite being ill, you still made an absolutely fabulous card! Those dies are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!