Monday, July 3, 2023

Sketch Saturday: Big Balloon

I love stripes! And making them out of cardstock of dsp is my very favorite.  The sketch by Sketch Saturday caught my eye obviously for the stripes, but I love the inspiration of that extra little stripe at the top. 

Big BIrthday Balloon


I don't know what possessed me to cover that top stripe with a big balloon. I was actually working on yesterday's card and flipping through dies for that, when I flipped by the big balloon and the light bulb went on. And I've definitely been in the mood to refresh my birthday stash of cards.  Then the paper was another a-ha moment. Not a usual birthday choice for me except I love the stars for the balloon and when I started planning stripes, I saw that some of the other patterns in the pad were fun for those too. 

My sons are still both living in our house. They spend their days job hunting and evenings in their rooms playing video games. Yesterday three of us went up to the mountains for a quick hike and then we checked out a new-to-us brewery.  My husband and I aren't the most exciting of people so it's nice to have other people around for mini-adventures. The funny part of the story is the library of the small town that we were in was having a used book sale and my son with the accounting major found a 1920 accounting textbook that he spent hours paging through.  Tucked into one of the pages was someone's class schedule including things like letter writing and comportment.  I'm the proud owner of a little autobiography named "My First Ninety Years". It was published in 1955 and it's even autographed!  It's just an odd feeling to even hold this book!

But that was enough people time - so I spent the evening in my craft room working with this big balloon!  Thanks to Sketch Saturday for the inspiration.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Birthday Your Way (and dies)

Dies: My Favorite Things Perfect Fit Balloon

Paper: Honey Bee Stamps Spring Lullaby 6x6 pad, Stampin' Up Misty Moonlight, Taylored Expressions Pink Champagne and Cupcake

Ink: Stampin' Up Misty Moonlight

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card 👏💐😊 happy day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your cute mix of patterns! This is fun, Kim! Sounds like the library books were great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a beautiful card and an awesome take on our sketch and sounds like a fun time had with your sons!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketch Saturday!
    Diane SS DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Sketch Saturday}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!