Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Birthday Kitties

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Judy and here’s what I did with it!
 
Birthday Kitties


A cat-loving workmate's birthday is coming up this week and I had already purchased the kitty die in preparation then when I saw the sketch for this week, it all came together beautifully!! 

I wanted to to give the eyes and noses some color but I didn't want to deal with those itty bitty pieces so I used a hole punch to get small pieces of the pink and jade then adhered those behind the white. I added a piece of gray cardstock behind the white kitties to make it pop from the cardstock.  The jaunty little bow came from another die set but I wanted a little accent on all that white. I picked a bright and cheerful piece of balloon paper which I think makes the white pop even more. I think this is going to be a hit!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Simon Says Stamp Sneaky Kitties, Memory Box Happy Birthday Posh Script, Papertrey Ink Bows Galore

Paper: Bo Bunny Baby Bump 6x6, Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, Groovy Guava (noses), Just Jade (eyes), Pebbled Path (a gray layer of kitties behind the white)

Other: Pinkfresh Aqua Glitter Drops

4 comments:

  1. That kitty die is just the cutest thing! What a delightful card, Kim and such a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart those kitties are so cute! Those cuties fit the sketch perfectly! I love it! Just something else to add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim that die is so perfect for this sketch - and I love the colourful balloons behind too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute! Your workmates must love and so appreciate the thought you put into their cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!