Monday, July 10, 2023

52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Hope & Light

 I squeezed in one more card over the weekend because I just couldn't walk past the pale blue and red color challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown!  I did end up going more aqua vs. a true blue. I had the little snowflakes cut and adhered before I decided the bottom layer of the card needed to be colored and true blues just didn't work with my little snowflakes!

Hope & Light


I used the Decorated Pine dies from Stampin' Up that I believe are retired.  I love the dies - I didn't even get the stamp set, but just the dies have a lovely pine branch and multiple ornaments. I did the ornament in a subtle glitter paper and added little snowflakes in blue. I back them with two other sets and an embossing folder from Stampin' Up.  The sentiment set is still available - it's Brightest Glow. If you follow me, you know I am passionate about my sentiments and this is one special.  I LOVE the font and the unique sayings!

Thanks to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for inspiring me to use some of my favorite products!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Brightest Glow

Dies: Stampin' Up Decorated Pine dies, Stitched Rectangle and Scalloped Contours

Paper: Stampin' Up Pool Party, Memory Box Delicate Pastel Glitter pad (the little blue snowflakes), Michael red glitter (the ornament)

Other: Stampin' Up Snow Burst embossing Folder

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I can't decide if it CAS or is it so complicated it seems CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like aqua and red together, so this is right up my alley! Terrific card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, you have created a simply gorgeous card for the color challenge at 52 CCT. So glad you felt compelled to make a blue/red card. Such a pleasure to enjoy your work! Your colors are awesome! Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!