Thursday, July 6, 2023

52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Poinsettia Peace

'Tis the season....Christmas in July!!  I need to start popping out Christmas cards.  Not only because I need them but also because my not-yet-used stash from last year is too big to be able to add any new stash this year. I hate when that happens.  So I took inspiration from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and used three products out of my stash on this card!

Poinsettia Peace


I generally like this card. My one regret is the champagne foil for the accents.  It's a little better in real life, but I really should have used gold - it needs a little more shine than it has. The first not-yet-used product I used is the poinsettias by Sizzix.  I don't think I got the layers lined up quite right but I do like the dimension of them.  The second is the sentiment. It's from Festive Sentiments #1 by Sizzix (I have #2 also). The all have unique shapes and fonts - this being the least unique of the batch.  I think I'll leave them in my not-yet-used stash until I use some of the more eye-catching sentiments.  I also really like the border die by Paper Rose - it will definitely come out to play again.

Thanks to 25 Christmas Card Throwdown for the inspiration.

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Sizzix Seasonal Flowers Framelits with Stamps, Sizzix Festive Sentiments #1
Dies: Paper Rose Berry Border
Paper: Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green, Champagne Foil
Ink: Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sorbet, Taylored Expressions Granny Smith and Peapod

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Kim for playing along on this sketch...As my husband would say "you knocked this challenge out of the park." I love your creation in every way and am appreciative that you have shared it with us to enjoy this week. Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the border too! This is pretty, Kim and you've reminded me I need to get going on my Christmas card stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. I love how clean it is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim... such a lovely card! I love your border die! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Kim. I love the diecut border and sketch. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!