Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Spruced Up

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy and here’s what I did with it!

Spruced Up


Stampin' Up's Spruced Up set was one of my favorite Christmas sets last year but I only used it a couple of times. So I left it in my not-yet-used Christmas stash even though it actually had been used because I wanted to remember to use it more and here it is again.  After I made it, I went back and looked at what I'd already done and this one is remarkably close to this one. That's kind of funny because I didn't get it for the stamps (although I love them) - I got it for the outline dies so I could do cards like Allison's or Akiko's or Madeleine's.  I guess this set has to go right back into my not-yet-used stash!!

And check it out...I decorated the inside!!  I never decorate my insides although I am awe of all of you who do. It's such a special touch.  I'm just not a natural cardmaker so the front saps up all of my creative energy and I am DONE when it's done.  But in this case I had a two-part sentiment and I had one tiny little strip of patterned paper left from when I decided the dsp on the front was a bit too wide and I trimmed some.

Spruced Up

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Spruced Up

Dies: Stampin' Up Spruced Up Outlines dies, Stitched Shapes, Stitched Rectangles

Paper: Stampin' Up Sweet Sorbet and Pool Party, Sweetest Christmas

Ink: Stampin' Up Garden Green, Pool Party, and Sweet Sorbet

Other: Stampin' Up Toile Tidings Glitter Gems, Winter Snow Embossing Folder

7 comments:

  1. I love aqua and red together, especially on a Christmas card. This is festive and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card for Christmas and I never do the inside either! But your inside is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet Christmas card - inside and out! I don't do the inside either because like you, my creativity only goes so far! I love the colours on this card! I need to up my Christmas card game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of this pretty aqua with the traditional Christmas colors! And I love how you finished the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet card🤩🤩🤩 i love Xmas
    Have a great day 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable. And then there is MORE inside. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aqua and red is my favourite Christmas colour combo and this is such a fabulous card! The stripes are so very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!