Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Hello Butterflies

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile and here’s what I did with it!
 
6.30.21 FMS


I didn't have anything specific in mind so I flipped through my not-yet-used stash and pulled out a number of dies with graceful curves that would fit the flower in the sketch.  I cut out a window then I went looking for paper and I found that I actually had a paper with butterflies (I tend toward subtle stripes or gingham, etc. Not that this is particularly bold but it's still a pattern and you'll not see many patterned papers on my cards!!)  Butterfly paper and a butterfly die - it worked!

6.30.21 FMS flat

I originally just backed the butterfly with plain cardstock but it seemed too bland for a beautiful butterfly.  (I'm also not a fan of this particular color, but it matched the dsp!!)  So I sponged on some matching ink toward the body and some white ink toward the tips.  Then I used Fun Stampers Journey silk in black and sparkle to splatter on some dots. 

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Avery Elle Simple Sentiments

Dies: Memory Box Drifting Side Butterfly, My Favorite Things Peek-a-Boo Window (square)

Paper: Stampin' Up Pretty Petals dsp (retired), Calypso Coral, Pacific Point

Other: Fun Stampers Journey Sparkle Silk and Black Licorice Silk

9 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty! Love that square opening with the DSP peeking through, and your butterfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful butterfly and the coordinating butterfly dsp! And that fabulous stitched square die frames it all perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Kim. I love that background of pattern paper. Makes that butterfly POP!! Fantastic design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely summery card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim this butterfly is gorgeous - as is the fun pattern paper you've chosen! LOve the dark background of it - gosh I've been having a dark, and moody side lately!
    Darling card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep the paper and the die worked - beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this layered butterfly so much, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful combination of elements in this gorgeous card! I tend to go through my not-yet-used stuff first too - I love when I can finally file something where it belongs because it's actually been used at least once :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful card, Kim! I totally love this gorgeous detailed butterfly flying off the peek-a-boo window.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!