Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Storms and Rainbows

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda and here’s what I did with it!

6.9.21 FMS side


The idea of rain came to me pretty quickly but I wasn't 100% sure what to do after that.  I figured that out when I was flipping through my notebook of stamps in my stash and saw these older sentiments by Papertrey.  There were a number of them that I really liked and I was wishing I would have noticed them earlier when I was sending so many pandemic cards.  

6.9.21 FMS

I used Distress Oxides to blend the background.  I used a darker (yet still bright) blue at the top since it was supposed to be "stormy" then a lighter blue then a green. Then I picked four fresh and cheerful colors for the rainbow (the die set has larger ones too but I just used the smaller ones that fit on my background.) 

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Rainy Day Sentiments

Dies: The Stamp Market Rainbow Stripes

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight

Ink: Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers, Tumble Glass, Cracked Pistachio

Other: Studio Katia Raindrops

7 comments:

  1. I love this sweet card! What a great sentiment for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet rainbow! Perfect colors! And I love the sentiment....so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those raindrops are so cute! Terrific card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will surely cheer someone up! I love the sponged background and those raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raindrops were an awesome idea Kim - how clever! Love that sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so pretty! I just love that rainbow and the raindrops! What a great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this and the combination of raindrops and rainbow - super clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!