Wednesday, June 23, 2021

The Card Concept: Trust in the Lord

It's time for a new challenge at The Card Concept!  My Clean and Simple card was inspired by the beach theme and the soft and gentle colors of our Long Summer Days challenge.


I wouldn't say I'm a beach person - mostly because I am not a hot weather person.  But that's really based on a classic beach - hot weather, big umbrellas, sunscreen, etc.  I actually do adore calm and quiet beaches.  We had a couple of amazing family vacations on the beaches along the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We were there slightly before the summer season and the beaches were so incredibly peaceful. And it was just warm enough that we could wear swimsuits but not hot enough to be sweaty and sticky.  They were amazing vacations!!  And that peace is what I tried to capture in my card. 

6.23.21 Card Concept side

I was planning to brush on ink for my background - and then I remembered I had a paper pad with the soft colors that I wanted and it even gave me some clouds! The peaceful look of the card pointed me in the direction of the sentiment.  Then the card needed just a bit more so I found some small shells and anchor in my die collection and grouped them in the corner. 

6.23.21 Card Concept

The Card Concept is taking a summer break so this is the last challenge until September 8th!!  That also means you have a LOT of time to create cards for our Long Summer Days challenge! I look forward to viewing the challenge gallery for all of your cards.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Reverse Confetti Walk by Faith

Dies: Taylored Expressions Sitting Pretty Nautical, My Favorite Things Peek-a-boo Window (rectangle)

Paper: Honey Bee Stamps Beach Vibes 6x6 pad

Other: Pretty Pink Posh Sea Glass gems

7 comments:

  1. Love the way you've framed your little scene! Those white shells are pretty special too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment on IG too but had to say something here as well. I LOVE the tiny shells and the fun little "scene" in the window. Adorable design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids live in NC, and the Outer Banks are HEAVEN for me. I would live there if I could. Beautiful place, and your card reflects that perfectly. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kim and I especially like the subtle white shell in the corner. Perfect touch! I was at the Outer Banks once and arrived during a Nor'Easter. Sleeping in an RV during that storm was very scary. Not sure I ever want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The patterned paper is just perfect for this challenge! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I am definitely more of a beach person than a mountain person....but I don't want to get bounced around by big waves, so the bay is a perfect place for me! I love the simplicity of this...just so calm and serene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!