Friday, May 29, 2020

The Paper Players: Shine Bright

I don't normally order kits.  I usually like part of them and not other parts so kits aren't always worth it for me.  But the instant I saw the Somewhere Over the Rainbow kit by Taylored Expressions and especially the inspiration from their design team, I had it ordered and on my way to me before it was gone. (FYI - it is gone now, but Taylor has announced they will soon be selling the individual parts.)  For today's card I used the stencils, the stamps and the die cut clouds.  I have another card I'll post in the next few days when I know that the recipient has received it that includes the dies and a different set of stamps.

TPP Rainbow

Besides the fabulous stamps and dies, the kit includes colorful envelopes (I mailed this card in bright orange) and envelope seals that coordinate with the rainbow.  This one went to my niece who is an early teen.  She will love the bright colors starting with the envelope and seal, the funky little patterns on the rainbow and I used a sprinkling of bling just for her.

I was inspired by the sketch at The Paper Players. The smaller inside panel made me think of letting the rainbow go off the edge. Thank you to TPP for the inspiration!


SUPPLY LIST
Taylored Expressions Somewhere Over the Rainbow kit (sold out, but the components will eventually be sold individually)
Other dies: TE Mini Strips - Assymetrical
Cardstock: TE Oreo and Lemon Meringue
Ink: TE Oreo, Guava, Candy Corn, Lemon Meringue, Lime Zest, Salt Water Taffy (edges of the clous)
Other: TE Diagonal Stripe embossing folder, Pretty Pink Posh Marigold and Sparkling Clear Gems

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! You were a smart stamper to get that kit....so many fun elements, and you've combined them all to create a sweet, bright, sunshiny card! Thanks for using my sketch this week at the Players!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! Your niece will love it. And yes - sending the rainbow off the edge was a perfect design choice, for sure! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us this week at The Players! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!