Tuesday, May 12, 2020

CAS Colours & Sketches: Eat Cake

It's my second week of being the May guest at CAS Colours & Sketches. The second week of a month is sketch week. Here's what I did with it...

CAS Sketch Eat Cake

And here it is...


The cupcake die was a recent purchase for me (mostly because I got a freebie die at another company that said "happy birthday cupcake" so of course I needed a good cupcake die!)  I like the layered frosting and it's a great size.  I used two patterned papers to create it (which is a lot for me!) so instead of paper behind it, I embossed the stripe. As I was browsing my cardstock stash I found this golden brown paper which I'd never used.  I was surprised by that because I think it's the perfect baked cupcake color!  I added some texture to the cake with a subtle embossing folder.  

It was quick and easy and just perfect for a friend's upcoming birthday.  I hope to see you playing along this week with CAS Colours & Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: The Greetery Sentiment Suite: Birthday
Dies: Honey Bee Stamps Cupcake Builder, The Greetery Sentiment Suite Basics Die
Paper: Honey Bee Stamps Sweet on You, Papertrey Ink Melon Berry, Honey Nut, Aqua Mist and Bright Buttercup
Other: Stampin' Up Delicate Designs Embossing Folder (old!), Subtle Embossing Folder (on cake), Pretty Pink Posh Buttercream gems

3 comments:

  1. Great interpretation of the sketch, Kim! Thanks for guest designing at CAS Colours Sketches Challenge with us. Wei xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty birthday card with the embossing across the background. It's a great take on the sketch. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that background stripe and can't believe it's embossed. What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!