Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches: Hey

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda Callahan and here’s what I did with it!

FMS Hey


I already knew I was out of cards for my oldest son who elected to stay in his college apartment and is feeling extremely isolated (and he's an introvert - that's extreme isolation!)  I usually tend to "stay within the lines" but I was organizing my word dies and this big "hey" caught my eye so I figured I'd go outside the lines of that center rectangle. Then it just took some masculine patterns and embellishments and the card is already on the way to my lonely son!

I hope to see you playing along with us this week.  Check out the rest of the design team at Freshly Made Sketches - there is an amazing variety of cards using this same sketch!

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: The Stamp Market Hey, Simon Says Frame
Paper: Honey Bee Sweet On You, Stampin' Up Mint Macaron, Taylored Expressions Blue Corn

5 comments:

  1. I love that big "Hey" and I love the mix of dsp patterns. Perfect for your lonely introvert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the movement the PP adds! This is terrific Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange times call for a BOLD sentiment! Love this, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - this is a fun card! This crazy quarantine is is a definite test of self discipline! Not easy.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card Kim! I love those patterned papers and the sweet little wooden stars! Your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!