Saturday, December 22, 2018

It's Reinbeer Time

Merry Christmas and a Hoppy New Beer!! (That's the inside sentiment!)

Reinbeer

I think it worries me that I've posted two alcoholic Christmas cards this week!!  It might have something to do with the wine I've been guzzling over the last few weeks simply because a friend gave me some of those twinkling wine bottle lights and I need empty bottles to decorate with.  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

The only cards I have left to make are for my kids although you should know that the kid who will get this card turns 23 right after Christmas.  He's a great guy, but he's always been an old soul and a rule-follower.  For example - McDonald's play areas with those signs that say you must only be this tall to play.  He's tall and he got tall young.  We'd go to friend's birthday parties at McDonald's and he'd be taller than the sign - so he'd actually sit and watch while his friends played. 

I tell you this story so you believe the fact that this guy did not drink until he turned 21.  So the last couple of years have been a learning curve for him and his taste for alcohol is years behind his friends.  We started with Moscow Mules - yum!!  Then he tried beer and ended up analyzing his likes/dislikes by figuring what IBU he liked. Now he wants to learn about whiskey because his friends drink it (and apparently savor it vs. doing shots).  My husband and I are not whiskey drinkers and wandered over to the local liquor store last night to get a gift of whiskey for my son (now you are really worried about my corrupt family, aren't you??!)  We had SO much fun.  Multiple customers got involved in the discussion - What type to start with? What's the smoothest? Go local for the connection?  Other customers would wander down the aisle and tell us about their favorite.  Whiskey-drinkers must be some kind of cult - but I'm thinking I want to join because it was fun!  Any whiskey advice from you??

My other son does not yet drink - so no more alcoholic cards on this blog!

I had one beer bottle colored - and I saw the AAA Cards Challenge to put three of something on a card thus the varieties of beer.


SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Your Next Stamp Reinbeer
Dies: Your Next Stamp Reinbeer
Cardstock and Ink: Taylored Expressions Confetti Cake
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Snowflakes

9 comments:

  1. Great story, Kim, and a wonderful card. I'm not much of a drinker - port and the odd gin are the only alcohol I drink. As for whiskey, my older sister used to drink it and I think it smells like old socks 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is adorable! And this post cracks me up. I think I want to come spend Christmas at your house, or at least New Year's Eve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've raised a fine young man! It's funny...some of my kids were sitting around the dining room table discussing which whiskeys they enjoyed most. Maybe some of them were hinting....lol. Even though I haven't had any alcoholic beverages for over 11 years (migraines), I can still dream about sipping some Wild Turkey. Soooo smooth, and while the finish has a kick, it's still like silk sliding down your throat. Someday.... Now. Your card. These 'reinbeer' look fabulous. They are a hoot, and I have several family members who would get a kick out of these. Might have to order this set! FUN cards! Christmas blessings to you and yours. xo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and a great story! I'm not much of a whiskey drinker either but I did go on a tour of a whiskey distillery when I was in Edinburgh a few years ago. I really got an appreciation for it after seeing how it is made and how different whiskey tastes depending on the region that it comes from. Good luck on your quest for the perfect one for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This could be the cutest card ever! The reindeer are adorable! Perhaps this is why Rudolph has a red nose.......Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this! I can think of a few of our family members it would be perfect for. Sounds like an adventure full of fun in the quest for your son's gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How CUTE!!! This is perfect for this challenge!! I LOVE those fun stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such joyful reindeer, Kim. Love how fun your design is and your beautiful coloring. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! This card is awesome! And what a fun story to go along with it :) I love those "reinbeers" and didn't know this stamp set even existed!!! But now...thanks to you, my friend, I do...and I must have it! HA! I actually made some reinbeers using a six pack of local beers (I'm an IPA girl myself), some googly eyes, pipe cleaners for antlers, pompoms for noses and ribbon for the scarf a couple of years ago to take to a friend's holiday party. They were a big hit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!