Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Good News

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Cécile.


Be sure to pop over and check out the challenge because there's something extra going on this week.  It's a design team call!!  And everybody can play along!


I finally sat down this past week and figured out where I stood with Christmas cards.  I'm not as in as great a shape as I had hoped.  I did have enough to mail out already to extended friends and families because it occurred to me that there are a whole lot of people who have no idea we have a new address!  Now I have to focus on those nearby - many of whom are church friends - so I need to have a Christian focus (which is really the point anyway, isn't it??!)  Today's is actually going to be for one of my little nieces.  They are definitely being raised to recognize the true meaning of the season!

FMS Good News

This is a new Neat & Tangled set in the last few months and I purchased it knowing it would be perfect for my two nieces.  This little angel is charming.

FMS Good News Close

I pulled out some of my most brilliant yellows to do the background.  I used a stencil for the rays.  First I created a mask with just the center rectangle open.  Then I sponged the rays with a brighter yellow in the center fading out to a lighter yellow.  I removed the stencil, but left the rectangle mask in place - and lightly sponged the same yellows around the darker rays. 

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Neat & Tangled Angel Wings
Dies: Neat & Tangled Angel Wings
Stencil: Taylored Expressions Here Comes the Sun
Ink: My Favorite Things Pineapple (a wonderful brilliant yellow) and Lemon Drop
Gems: Pretty Pink Posh Buttercream

8 comments:

  1. This is just as CUTE as it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Love the burst of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this card is just too sweet! I love that cute little angel and that gorgeous background! Love the sentiment too! Just perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Your stenciled background is just perfect -- and I love the bright, happy yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the sketch!! I adore that angel and LOVE the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little angel is adorable and the rays behind her are such a great take oh the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! This is such a sweet angel and I love it combined with the rays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful, bright, and cheery Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!