Saturday, January 1, 2011

FIVE Birthdays, SIX SU sets

I am now into the 2010-plus-2-days part of my 2010 challenge to make sure that all of my SU sets see ink and things are looking good!  I was stressing a little too much about getting everything done yesterday so I gave myself two extra days.  I am not too fussed about it - since I have never actually completed any of my New Year's resolutions - two extra days seems trivial!

Here are the last of the birthday cards using my remaining sets (although now that I look at them, I am not sure why I put this first one in the birthday category??!!)  Then I have a few last miscellaneous cards to make and to post and I will be celebrating!!

Set 319 - A Tree For All Seasons

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up A Tree For All Seasons
  • Inks: Memento black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Certainly Celery, Peach, black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up embossing folder, scalloped square nesties
  • Challenges: Just Add Ink: Summer.  The sketch is from Taylored Expressions #120.

Set 320, 321 - Happy Birthday Frame, Flower of the Month


I love "seasonal" things.  Before life got too busy, I always had seasonal decorations all over the house.  So when I saw these very old SU sets on E-Bay, I knew that I needed them.  My plan is to keep going with the monthly "Flower of the Month" cards as I believe the church members who buy our cards will LOVE them!.  I also added a "garnet" gem from this package of jewels I bought to go along with my monthly cards!


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Happy Birthday Frame, Flower of the Month, PaperTrey Text and Fancy Flourishes
  • Ink: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Black, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Birthstone Gem Stickers, Stampin' Up embossing folder and label punches
  • Challenges: Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge (Although when I copied the sketch into the notebook in which I keep a list of all of the current challenges, I missed the cute little tag.  If I weren't under time constraints in finishing my 2010 goal, I would go back and add it because it would be a nice contrast to the dark on the right side of the card.)








Set 322 - In The Wild

This card uses the colourQ challenge for the week which I have to admit I tried to use on virtually every card that I started in the last few days.  I found it to be a tough one - although the other postings have been gorgeous.  When I pulled out the set "In The Wild", I knew that if I couldn't make this earthy color combo work on this card, I would definitely need some "color combo lessons"!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up In the Wild, The {Stamps} of Life sentiment from Banners4All
  • Ink: black
  • Paper: Stampin' Up black, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Vanilla, Basic Gray dsp
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up bird punch (for the leaves), misc circle punches, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Stampin' Up Kraft Corduroy button, misc gingham ribbon
  • 




















Set 323 - Set Sail

My husband is an avid sailor.  We have a small sailboat up on Lake Dillon in Summit County, Colorado (that's where people ski in the winter!).  It's an amazing experience to sail surrounded by snow-covered peaks!  He also spent three weeks sailing around Cape Horn a few years back.  He loved it, but given his stories of waves taller than the boat and being lashed to the mast to stay onboard - it's not something I would EVER do!  I put together this card for his birthday (as long as I remember that I have it come July!)

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Set Sail, The {Stamps} of Life sentiment from Banners4All
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand, Marina Mist
  • Paper: Stampin' UP Sahara Sand, Marina Mist
  • Accessories: Fiskars border punch, Stampin' Up Linen Thread, Tim Holtz embossing folder, large brad in upper left corner from Hobby Lobby, smaller brown brads from Creative Impressions, misc circle punches.
  • Challenges: This is for a challenge that is new to me - in fact, I saw it for the first time this very morning.  I think I am going to like it as the sketches are fairly basic - not a million layers and off-kilter panels.  It's for Sketch Frenzy Friday.












Set 324 - Fun Filled

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Fun Filled
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Real Red, Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette (supposed to be Blushing Bride but I don't have the ink yet!)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Regal Rose, Blushing Bride dsp
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up circle, scalloped circle and scalloped border punches, StarDust Stickles, EK Success corner punches












Phew!  I am going to take a deep breath and then settle back into my card corner for the final stretch.  When I started this, I had absolutely no idea how many Stampin' Up stamp sets that I had!  Now, I'm a little scared by the number.  Of course, that hasn't stopped me from already creating my wishlist from the new mini and sale-a-bration catalogs!!

Look for the last two posts toward my goal this evening and tomorrow morning!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, wow , wow.... what a lovely post filled to the brim with fabulous cards.
    Congrats on closing in on your 2010 challenge; think of the added two days as make-up snow days. :D
    Love every one of the cards, but especially the Set Sail BD card; to the point that I'm sorry I never bought the set. I especially love the colors, I never would have thought to put Mist and Sand together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez you have been busy. What a great collection of card. And some wonderfully masculine ones to boot! I absolutely love how you did the one for my sketch leaving that much black space with that fabulous cheetah! And the set sail one, I just love that set. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!!! fab cards!!! love all of them~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, very clever for the JAI challenge! Gorgeous too. I love all your cards - you've been super busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, an impressive set of cards! Love what you did with the Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch! Thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovey cards! Sometimes colors are a tough combo! You did a nice job with your colors on this card. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! you've been one busy stamper! I love your style, these are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh you have been a busy busy girl!! They are all fabulous!! The little tree one makes me so happy, because I never use that set and this is perfect for me to CASE ;) Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty set of cards! You've been hard at work! Thanks for making time to join us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific set of cards, you have been busy. Love that little swing in your 'summer' card. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great selection of cards. I love how you've highlighted the 'Summer tree' on your JAI challenge card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your cards! Great job! Thanks for playing the challenge at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your cards are fabulous!!! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow...that's a lot of challenges! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!