Monday, December 11, 2023

Hand Stamped Sentiments: Birds of the Season

I didn't get many new Christmas stamps and dies this year.  At least until Black Friday/Cyber Monday - those sales killed my budget.  I already couldn't fit my unused Christmas stash back into its current box, but then even more showed up.  One of those was Altenew's Birds of the Season and it was going to get tucked away into that stash until I noticed the sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments. It was meant to be!!

Birds of the Season


This was on odd purchase for me because I tend towards dies and not stamps. Making this card reminded me why.  SO many stamps that had to be lined up - and of course, any mistakes always happened toward the end requiring starting over from the beginning. Dies are more forgiving - especially using liquid glue so that I can nudge the various dies around on the card until they are exactly in the right spot.  Stamps aren't forgiving at all even carefully using stamp-a-ma-jigs, etc.  But you know what? I still think it's a gorgeous set and it will come out to play again.  It has three birds - there's a dove, a cardinal and a partridge (and the partridge has a pear to hang) so lots of possibilities.

I picked the sentiment because it fit the sketch but there are multiple fun sentiments.  I drew the line hanging it just to fill the space above the circle. 

Thanks to Hand Stamped Sentiments to keep this set out of the not-yet-used stash!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Altenew Birds of the Season (and dies)

Paper: Stampin' Up Real Red

Ink: Stampin' Up Parakeet Party, Granny Apple Green, Sweet Sorbet and Real Red, Altenew Obsidian Black Pigment In

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Kim. I love Cardinals and yours draws the eye immediately. So glad you shared your creativity with us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know what you mean...you tell yourself you're NOT going to shop and then they hit you with all those sales! Well, anyway, this is just so sweet and precious and even though those layering stamps are a challenge, you nailed this one! I predict a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set must have sneaked by me - or maybe flew? Kim, I can't see anything that is perfectly stamped - such a lovely card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is an incredible stunner - I'm so glad you persevered with it! Striking and elegant, and I love your embossing along the opposite edge. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Kim. I'm sorry the layering stamps gave you fits - always a challenge those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I bought more than I planned on too.. but then again, I think we all do! Pretty card, Kim. I like the simplicity of your design and your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!