Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches: Happy Birthday Banners

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by me and here’s what I did with it! 

Birthday Banners

I love bold stripes on cards but when it came time to make a card based on my own sketch, I decided to go with banners.  It wasn't that long ago when no card was made without a banner on it somewhere. They were the shape-of-the-year.  Luckily they aren't gone, because they are still perfect for celebrations. This is for my newly 18-year old niece. I wanted it to be a bit more grown-up but still bright and cheerful so I found a paper pad full of coordinating dots and stripes. Then to give it a bit more interest I found a stamped sentiment with a die that cut it in the shape of the words.  Any card for my niece has to have gems or glitter - hopefully the three little gems on this card are enough for her now that she's a grown-up!

Birthday Banners

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  I'd love to see what you do with my sketch. I'm always by the creativity in the FMS gallery.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Waffle Flower Elegant Sentiments (and matching die)

Dies: The Greetery Sentiment Suites dies

Paper: Sunny Studio Dots & Stripes Pastel paper and Gingham Pastels pad

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your niece! Your card is bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, it is indeed a banner birthday card for a banner year!
    I have my thinking cap on!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, such a joyful card! Love the multicolored DP, not just lined up, but more playful. I've really missed visiting your blog. I've found you recently on Instagram Bye from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bright banners are delightful! Fun card! And your sketch is wonderful this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow of color, stripes and polka dots, Kim! Thanks for a fun sketch to work with this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These patterned papers and the way you didn't have them all lined up make for a fabulous card! So modern and fun! Thanks for such a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!