Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Card Concept: Happy Thanksgiving

 It's a double inspiration week at The Card Concept!!  I am playing along with the inspiration for Happy Thanksgiving but check out the gorgeous Merry Christmas option at the end of this post.

Thankful Heart


My Clean and Simple card was inspired by the colors, the leaves and the texture in the fireplace. I knew before I even looked at the inspiration that I needed one more Thanksgiving card, specifically for my 26-year old son.  Typically I go humorous, but the colors and the texture in the inspiration took me in a different direction.  I found leaves that were modern and chunky then used the rust and orange colors. Then the fireplace in the background led me to the texture on the card. I'm sure from his point of view, I messed up the masculine vibe with the sequins - but I think a truly lovely part of fall is the brilliant colors with a touch of frost. 

The sentiment is from The Stamp Market. It has multiple ways to layer fall greetings. This card uses "Happy Fall" from the same set. The branch and leaves I think are actually trees - at least that's what it shows on the packaging! They are from the set Windy by Penny Black.

Thankful Heart

If you aren't inspired by the fall graphic, check out this amazing inspiration for Christmas! You can play with either one this week.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: The Stamp Market Filled With Thanks (and dies)

Dies: Penny Black Windy

Paper: Stampin' Up Gray Granite, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie

Ink: Stampin' Up Gray Granite, Cajun Craze

Other: Stampin' Up Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!