Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches: Happy Fall

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and this one is by me!!

Happy Fall

The stamps and die are new to me from The Stamp Market. They recently had a great sale so I cleaned out my wishlist. I'm not sure why I waited so long on these - they are totally up my alley.  A wonderful layered sentiment with different fonts - and a leaf that can work with simply paper-piecing!

I picked the dsp from my stash because I liked the mix of muted pinks, violets and greens along with a little golden sparkle.  Then I set about the task of picking coordinating cardstock. I have full sets of cardstock and ink from four different companies - including way back retired colors.  (You should see my Stampin' Up stash. I have colors dating back to a time that only people of my vintage have ever heard of.) Even surrounded by a rainbow of colors, I struggled with matching.  All but two that I picked are retired. They work, but that led to the next problem. I only buy cardstock that has matching ink (and vice versa) and I do have the ink for all of the retired colors - but I can't possibly explain how deep that ink is buried in my stash with the requisite re-inkers buried even deeper. So my concept of the card took a hard left at this point because I used ink for the sentiment from one of the non-retired colors.  That was all definitely TMI but my original idea for this card was to lean into the violets and instead I went with the berry - and I ended up loving it!  It lightened it up and gave it all a wonderful fresh look.

Happy Fall

I do hope to see in the FMS gallery with your take on this sketch - it's amazing to see how many different cards come out of a single sketch.  The design team already got totally creative with snow, wrapped twine and some creative sentiments!  Be sure to check it out!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: The Stamp Market Filled with Thanks and dies

Dies: The Stamp Market Large Leaves

Paper: DCWV Fall Forest (retired), Stampin' Up retired(!) cardstock in Bumblebee, Terracotta Tile, Sage Shadow and Wisteria Wonder, Papertrey Ink cardstock in Melon Berry and Honey Nut, Memory Box Majestic Hues Glitter Pad

12 comments:

  1. This is charming, Kim! The little bit of sparkle is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim, this leaf is gorgeous! The sparkle is so pretty and I love that patterned paper! I have such a soft spot for all things fall! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous Fall card! I love the colors you chose and I love the embossed border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, Your card is delightful. It's perfect for the upcoming fall season. - I can relate to the retired card stock. I've got a bunch and sometimes I have a hard time trying to figure out what color it is since I didn't keep them in correct order by color families.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I forgot to mention that I loved your sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stash and your stash would probably be besties because I've got some vintage SU stuff that is super old and I only dip into for special occasions! That being said, this is amazing. I love how you paper pieced the colors into the leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your saga of matching your colours. The longest part of my FMS card was finding colours for the stripes! This is such a fun (and sometimes frustrating) hobby. Meantime, your card is gorgeous and I loved your sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love TSM & fianlly got a couple things I need to use! I have a terrible time matching printed paper, but yours turned out great! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous sketch Kim and I love your mix of fall colours and patterns - a beautiful card. Your co-ordination hunt made me chuckle - sounds like me in my craft room too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the combination of papers you used to create this card! That added bit of gold sparkle was a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty with the touches of gold. Love all the wonderful details. Thanks for such a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This paper pieced leaf is absolutely gorgeous! I totally love this fall color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!