Saturday, November 26, 2022

A Magical Christmas

I sorted out all of my Christmas cards yesterday and joy oh joy - I have enough cards!!  BUT, I don't have exactly the right cards for everybody. Am I the only one who makes Christmas cards with no one in mind and then crosses fingers at the end that the stash matches the recipients?? I was really close this year and to me this is a great scenario.  I can totally relax because I do have enough, but I can still stay in Christmas mode and make a few more that are just right!  In this case, I needed cheerful colors.

Magical Christmas

I had this idea in my head after I used the same die to make this more classic card. I envisioned a rainbow of bright stripes with the icons flipped. It didn't stand out enough after I got it done so I glittered them. I have used shockingly little glitter this Christmas season which I realized when my husband commented for the first time in a long time that I had glitter in my eyebrows!  No matter how careful I think I am, it ends up everywhere!!

This is a retired die from My Favorite Things but I recently noticed that Sizzix/Tim Holtz has words that are equivalent (although in a Tim Holtz style) - the Christmas Cutouts die. It even has a few little houses and trees! For both of my cards using the MFT die, I didn't trim the words apart so that they stayed perfectly aligned.

Magical Christmas

I have to admit that I am feeling the "magic" already! It's been a very relaxed Thanksgiving since neither of our sons came home and my husband worked. So I took the opportunity to decorate for Christmas.  I don't do it Hallmark movie style (although if anybody ever wants to come over and do it for me - and take it down - you would be welcome!) The simplest but most amazing decoration we do are candles (LED) in all of our windows.  The come on at sunset and once they start twinkling every night - the magic is here!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: My Favorite Things Itty Bitty Holiday

Dies: My Favorite Things Joy, Peace, Love (retired)

Paper: Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, My Favorite Things Pineapple, Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, SU Coastal Cabana, SU Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party and Granny Apple Green

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!