Wednesday, November 30, 2022

The Card Concept: Christmas Greetings

 There's a new inspiration challenge at The Card Concept: Christmas Greetings. My Clean and Layered card was inspired by the wreaths, the colors and textures, and the wintery feel.

Snowman Joy


I thought about using a big wreath with lots of decorations, but I was taken by the simplicity of the wreaths in the photo. So as I looked further in my stash, I found the Joyful Snowman Etched Dies by Photoplay. It includes the "J" and the "Y" plus the simple wreath for the "O" and that sweet little snowman for the center.  

 I love the look of the wreaths against the red door and the pop of the white skates so I tried to recreate that look. I added the brown - although a lighter brown - with a woodgrain paper inspired by the sled. The door in the photo adds a lot of texture and while I didn't do a door on my card, I was inspired to add texture with a gingham embossing folder. Then with the wintery feel of the skates and the sled, I added a variety of snowflakes around my little snowman.

Snowman Joy

I hope to see you playing along with us at The Card Concept!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Photoplay Joyful Snowman Etched Dies
Paper: Taylored Expressions Cilantro, Stampin' Up Poppy Parade and Balmy Blue, Poppystamps Kraft Woodgrain
Other: Stampin' Up Gingham and Winter Snow embossing folders, Hero Arts Snow & Berry sequins

1 comment:

  1. I love the blue hat and scarf on your sweet snowman, reaching out from the center of your JOY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!