Wednesday, October 19, 2022

The Card Concept: Christmas Joy

There’s a new inspiration challenge at The Card Concept and it's double challenge week!  I picked Christmas Joy.  My Clean and Layered card was inspired by the horizontal look of the shelves, the various words on the shelves, mantle and pillow, and loosely inspired by the colors.

Joy Love Xmas Peace


For me the creation of this card happened in such a way that it reminder how amazing it is to have some sort of inspiration to start with.  With the inspiration photo in mind, I started flipping through my Christmas dies and I was just maybe five dies in and I saw this and knew instantly that I wanted to use it.  It was so reminiscent of the horizontal shelving and the various words, it just worked.  I also knew that I wanted a subtle red pattern in the background based on all pops of red in the photo. Then what? I looked at the colors and quickly realized I could use the green for a Christmas tree and the gray/silver for a snowy tree.  So then came the fourth color. I didn't use it as is but it totally inspired me for the finishing steps.  As I looked at the color to see how it was used, I saw the woods in the photo (also the vintage books) so I added some wood elements and a woodgrain base and it is exactly the warm and rustic card that I was going for!!

Joy Love Xmas Peace

BTW - the other inspiration for this challenge is Harvest Bounty. I hope to see you playing along with us at The Card Concept!


SUPPLY LIST
Dies: My Favorite Things Joy, Peace, Love (old)
Paper: Echo Paper Dots & Stripes Christmas Collection (old), Poppystamps Woodgrain Paper Pack, Stampin' Up Real Red

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!