Wednesday, May 25, 2022

The Card Concept: Red, White and Blue

 It's time for a new challenge at The Card Concept: Red, White and Blue. My Clean and Simple card was inspired by the colors and by the patriotic theme which always fills me with memories of down-home picnics!

A Day Filled with Good Things


I used a retired set from Stampin' Up. In the years that I've had it, I only ever used the wine bottle and glasses (perhaps a sad statement on my priorities!) but it's exactly the scene that I wanted to build when I saw the inspiration photo.  The patriotism of the scene and the classic look of the porch took me back to my youth when patriotic moments were spent at the Elks Club swimming and picnicking on the golf course.  Of course, the patriotic moment coming this weekend in the U.S. is Memorial Day which honors those who died in military service and probably should be somber vs. what many of us do and that is revel in a day off work. But I guess I hadn't realized Memorial Day was this close, so I went with my picnic memories.

A Day Filled with Good Things

I used the colors in the inspiration with the addition of the kraft-colored picnic basket and a hint of yellow for the cheese and wine.

I hope to see you playing along with us at The Card Concept.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Stampin' Up Picnic with You (retired) and dies

Dies: Stampin' Up Layering Squares

Ink and Paper: Various brands and colors to match the colors in the challenge

Other: Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card, Kim! My favorite part is that sweet little butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!