Wednesday, May 11, 2022

The Card Concept: May Flowers

There’s a new inspiration challenge at The Card Concept and the theme is May Flowers. My Clean and Simple card was inspired by the sweet pinks flowers and the colors.
 
Celebrate You


This card uses the Concord & 9th Friendship Garden die set.  I used it on the card in my other post today also.  I did the other card first, then as I was cleaning up I realized this planter and flower die pieces had a look that could work very well for today's inspiration!  (It's very VERY rare that two cards come together as quickly and easily as my two cards today!)

I did the flowers in the pink tones. Then I added their centers and the little heart in glittery orange. I did the planter in yellow but it's funny how much inspiration you can find in the photo, because the polka dots on my planter were inspired by the round lemons. I guarantee I wouldn't have thought of polka dots without it and I ended up loving them.

The sentiment is from an older Concord & 9th set - Little Thoughts - which was in my not-yet-used stash but I don't even think it's available on their website anymore (a sure sign that my stash is out of control!)  I used it anyway because I liked the way it grounded the planter. (The heart is from that set too even though the garden dies had one - that one was just too big.)

Celebrate You

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at The Card Concept!

Supply List:

Dies: Concord & 9th Friendship Garden, Little Thoughts and Stitched Stripe Card Front

Paper: Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Taylored Expressions Cupcake and Granny Smith, Papertrey Ink Lemon Tart, Doodlebug Designs Swiss Dot Rainbow Petite Prints, Memory Box Twinkling Jewel Glitter Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!