Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Tic Tac Toe Challenge: He is Risen

 I'm a bit behind on Easter cards.  I hadn't look at the date and I just realized it's only a few weeks away.  When I saw the current challenge at Tic Tac Toe challenge and realized that "Easter" was in the grid, I knew I would be playing along. I had a new slimline sunshine die from scrapbook.com that I wanted to use on an Easter card so going down the grid for gold and yellow was just what I needed

03.16.21 Tic Tac Toe


I kept this very simple.  I did play with a variety of yellows and had some very bright combinations on my desk.  I settled on Pineapple from Taylored Expressions. It's a soft yellow without being pale.  I wanted to highlight the sun at the bottom so I cute a second one out of the gold foil and offset it slightly then popped them both.

03.16.21 Tic Tac Toe side

It's a simple card, but I like that the focus is all on the meaning.

Thanks to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge for the inspiration.

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Scrapbook.com Slim Sunshine, Memory Box Happy Easter Posh Script
Paper: Taylored Expressions Pineapple, scrap of patterned yellow, Concord & 9th Neutrals Foils pack
Other: Studio Katia Gold Foil Pearls, Simon Says Stamp Reverse Easter

4 comments:

  1. Such yummy colors that it makes me think of butterscotch. Very lovely. Can't wait for your next Easter card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Wow! Great take on the board elements this week. Love your color combo and the idea of choosing the soft yellow for your design was great. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Kim and so impactful! A wonderful Easter card - Thanks for joining us over at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!