Sunday, December 1, 2019

Color Throwdown: Joy Wreath

I fell in love with the colors at the Color Throwdown particularly since one of my remaining Christmas-cards-to-make is for my niece.  She's growing up quickly and cutesy doesn't work any more - but feminine and fun is good.  So the colors plus my new Honey Bee Stamps Joy Noel Wreath are just right!

CTD Joy



This was my first Thanksgiving holiday as an empty-nester.  Neither son was home.  The oldest is only 90 miles a way but the weather was a problem. The youngest went with his roommate to visit his family in Chicago.  My husband works retail - over Thanksgiving (at a store that didn't close) and Black Friday - so I didn't see much of him either.  

I should say that I was sad and lonely - but I've had a wonderful holiday!  Lots and lots of Christmas cards made!  I'm almost done with Christmas shopping. The house is decorated.  The tree looks fabulous vs. all those years when I required all of the men in my life to help which then required me accepting however the lights and ornaments looked!  If that sounds terrible there are two things you need to know.  All my guys are well over 6' tall so guess where all the ornaments ended up.  And my boys have gotten an ornament a year representing their life.  Of course, their ornaments are the most important ornament so they all cluster right in front!  

I'm actually going into December without stress!!!  I definitely gave thanks for this long weekend.  

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Honey Bee Stamps Joy Noel Wreath
Paper: Sunny Studio Gingham Pastels and Dots & Stripes Pastels, Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green
Other: Taylored Expressions Winter Flurries Embossing Folder, misc enamel dots from Your Next Stamp and Doodlebug

1 comment:

  1. How pretty! I like the wreath as the O and the sparkle is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!