Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches: Very Merry

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This sketch will be around for three weeks!!!  We are taking a Christmas and New Years break and we are guessing you will be too!  Today we have a sketch by Amy.


Not only is is the last sketch for the year, this is my last Christmas card for the year!!  This is going out to my Stampin' Up demonstrator! (I did cheat on the sentiment)

A Very Merry Christmas

The design team was having a little side discussion on the wonky panels on this sketch and one said that the wonky panels seemed like how she was feeling during the busy Christmas season. I immediately realized that feeling would be perfect for my Stampin' Up lady.  Besides selling Stampin' Up and holding a very stressful full-time job, they sold their house this past summer - then their new house got delayed. They've been living in a small apartment and just got into their new house a week ago.  That REALLY makes the Christmas season busy for her! I'm sure she's feeling a little wonky.

Not only is FMS taking a holiday break, I won't be blogging the next few weeks. I'm ready for Christmas but my youngest is back from college for the first time and my oldest will be home soon. I'll only be taking a few days off work and when I'm home, I plan to simply relax and enjoy my family.

A very Merry Christmas to you!!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Hello Bluebird Typed Christmas
Dies: Neat & Tangled Skinny Strips
Embossing Folder: Stampin' Up Seasonal Wreath 3D and Pinewood Planks 3D
Paper: Stampin' Up Garden Green, Real Red DSP (the old version)
Other: Stampin' Up Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots

12 comments:

  1. Simply stunning! Love the layers and embossing on two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you embossed wreath, this is pretty! Enjoy your family time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Kim! I just love that embossed wreath! It's so pretty! Love the wonky panels too! Don't forget to watch some Hallmark Christmas movies while you're off too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossed wreath is lovely! Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This embossed wreath is beautiful, as are the traditional Christmas colors you've paired with it. I hope you're enjoying your time with your boys! Happy new year wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the subtle texture of the wreath. And the woodgrain background make this a card I want to reach out and touch! I hope you enjoyed a relaxing Christmas with your family. And best wishes for a happy and healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Kim! That embossed wreath is a favourite of mine and I think is something of a Christmas 'unsung hero' of the Stampin' Up! catalogue so I'm thrilled to be inspired by your card too. Beautiful layering and love the contrasting black and white sentiment too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just sure she loved this beauty! I do love that wreath too! Wishing you a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This embossed wreath looks gorgeous! I love the mix of the traditional Christmas Colors and the modern lay out of your card. Wishing you a happy year 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Kim! I love that wreath embossing folder! What an elegant look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! Understated but so elegant! Everything is chosen carefully and I love that white-embossed wreath!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!