Friday, December 6, 2019

Addicted to CAS: Birthday Blessings

In the middle of all of the Christmas crafting, people actually have birthdays!!  I have multiples around Thanksgiving and around Christmas - how dare they!!!  (Of course, two of them are my kids who have birthdays immediately after Christmas so I supposed it's my fault too that I have birthday cards to make during the holiday season.)

For this friend, as soon as I saw the challenge at Addicted to CAS: Blessings - I pulled out the Blessings die from Paper Smooches and then I just had to find a background.

Birthday Blessings

I found the Poppystamps Floral Clusters die in my not-yet-used stash.  I cut it an angle and then inlaid it with some cheerful colors.  I cut one extra little flower as an accent.  I like the concept.  If it weren't the busy holiday season - I think I would have done it again either moving the sentiment down or the whole panel up.  Right now, nothing is in a sweet spot - it's not centered, nor is it the rule of thirds. Sometimes (often) I have to sit back and remember that my obsession over these things is for this blog, but my heart was with the recipient as I made the card and that's the only thing that really matters.



SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Paper Smooches Blessings, Poppystamps Floral Cluster
Paper: Doodlebug Design Dot-Grid-Daisy-Stripe Rainbow Petite Prints, Stampin' Up Mango Melody and Granny Apple Green

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Kim! I think your flower and sentiment placement is just perfect! I think we all second guess ourselves, but your card is beautiful just the way it is :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're always our worst critics, Kim, but I love your colorful flowers sprinkled across the card and the love with which you made it. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!