Tuesday, December 17, 2019

One More Joy Noel Wreath

It's my second to the last Christmas card!  I've actually been enjoying the crunch of getting these cards done.  There's something to be said for being an empty-nester because I can really focus on cards and not on the stress of all of the kids' holiday commitments and their panic over semester finals and papers.

I used one of my favorite sets for this season one more time.  I've used it multiple times (which really beats my typical use of a purchase - one card or even none!).  It's Honey Bee Stamps Joy Noel Wreath.  For my previous cards, I used that center wreath without adding all of the little leaves (see this card for example).  I do like simple cards so that worked for me but given there was a die that cut dozens of leaves at once - I had to give it a try!  It's a bit tedious - thank goodness for tweezers - but I really like the look.

Joy Wreath

I added a bit of pattern to the bow to differentiate it from the letters.  I just did tone-on-tone but I wish I would have used a slightly different color because it's very hard to see.  The bow itself has polka dots and the middle has stripes.  

Joy Wreath CLOSE

This card definitely makes me happy!!  It was designed for my boss's boss - so hopefully it makes her happy too!!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Honey Bee Stamps Bitty Patterns (on the bow)
Dies: Honey Bee Stamps Joy Noel Wreath
Paper: Martha Stewart Snowflace Mat Pad (very old - and yes, that is spelled correctly!), Taylored Expression Watermelon and Mushroom

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is pretty! I like the miny shade of green with the red!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!