Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Hip Hip Hooray

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Amy.


Not to get all whiny about it, but it seems like the majority of my friends and family have birthdays in the next few months when I need to focus on making Christmas cards!!  I'm sure I could plan ahead - but I say that every year and here we are in October and I've planned nothing.  I had all those birthdays on my mind when I saw the sketch and decided those little leaves would make fabulous balloons and confetti!

FMS Hip Hip Hooray

I used some favorite colors in blue, yellow and orange - I like the fresh look.  (Besides...it matches my fake cupcake in the background!)  I love the fonts in the sentiment - they have the same look and shapes as the confetti and balloon strings.  I think I obsess over sentiments more than most anything on each card so I am absolutely thrilled when they work.

I hope to see you playing along with us this week.  Be sure to check out the amazing inspiration from the design team.

SUPPLY LIST


11 comments:

  1. I love this festive and fun birthday card! And I love how you've used the sketch. Hopefully, you'll get some yummy birthday cake out of all of these birthdays. We have two birthdays in our house this week too. Fun times, but it makes it hard to get an early start on holiday planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this card, Kim! Those stripes in that perfect color, combined with the orange is so very festive! Love the confetti bits, too. We have birthday upon birthday every single month, so I'm never caught up, lol!! And your fake cupcake....I have some in my kitchen, and the grandkids are so fascinated by them. Might have to see if I can make my card photography look as pretty as yours! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun take on the sketch, this is cute Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful birthday card.....great colors and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card. The sentiment totally matches the balloon strings and the confetti. A cute card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love how you did the leaf elements of the sketch changing them to balloons and confetti! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card Kim! I love the colours and those fun balloons and "bits"! The sentiment suits the card perfectly! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, LOL - you totally can whine about all the bdays right in festive creative season in your life haha... My sis is fabulous about making her Christmas cards all year long, thus avoiding the predicament I find myself in every single year... you would think I'd learn. Anyways, your card is so amusive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great take on the sketch, Kim, and those colors look absolutely fabulous together! Gorgeous, gorgeous birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Celebration happening all over you card, Kim, with the diagonal stripes, the balloons and the very eye-catching, nestled-in-the-aperture sentiment! Your 'clean lines' style is wonderfully evident here! LOVE this!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!