Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: #BLESSED

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell.


I consider myself a clean and layered stamper.  I love lots of open space, usually white, with a detailed grouping of stamps and dies in one small area.  That's my favorite thing to do.  However, when autumn comes around, suddenly I embrace patterns and colors.  I've spent way too much time thinking about why I change - and I think it makes sense.  Winter is white/gray and pristine.  Spring is soft and fresh.  Summer is bright and sunny.  But fall is a riot of colors and falling, blowing leaves.  So my card for today may not completely embrace "fresh" but I think it is fairly "clean-lined"!!

FMS #BLESSED

The die is from the Spellbinders Small Die of the Month Club - October.  Every month, I see people creating with their monthly dies and I love them - I just never got around to signing up.  But when I saw this fall acorn, I signed up immediately.  I've seen samples where it stands alone on a truly CAS card; it has enough detail to do that with gorgeous results. But the other part of fall that I love is curling up in warm, comfy quilts so I added that too with the patterned paper!

FMS #BLESSED Close

I'm looking forward to next month's die surprise (and I'm really wishing I had signed up earlier!)

I hope to see you playing along with this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and be sure to head over to the blog for more inspiration.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Simon Says Stamp You Got This
Dies: Spellbinder October Small Die of the Month Club, Taylored Expressions Double-Ended Banners (cut down a bit)
Patterned Paper: a scrap from Simple Stories
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Stampin' Up Baja Breeze and More Mustard, My Favorite Things Primitive White
Ribbon: Stampin' Up More Mustard Scallop Dots

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty acorn die! This is a wonderful card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that as soon as I saw this card, I ran STRAIGHT to Spellbinders to see if I could still get that die! Hopefully it will be in my mailbox soon! Just the loveliest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfectly fall! Love the blue with the fall colors and oh that die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are totally rocking fall! I love that paper and that acorn is just gorgeous!!! Totally the perfect fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors and I love the detail on that acorn die. Fabulous card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB card Kim!!! Right from the warm Autumn feel both on this card and even the staging is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and such gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty Thanksgiving card! The die you've used and the pretty paper is a wonderful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card with gorgeous fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pairing of the acorn and patterned paper is lovely and still retains the clean lines that are, very much, your signature style. Fall colours...swoon!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!