Sunday, January 18, 2015

Merry Monday: Life in the Forest at Christmas

I was playing a friend's house (who actually has more crafting stash than I do!) and she had made this fabulous card using rows of the critters from the Stampin' Up set Life in the Forest.  So I grabbed her stamps and made my own cards with rows of critters.  I made it a wintery scene because I knew that Merry Monday's current challenge is Christmas critters.

Life in the Forest at Christmas

Now I'm thinking I need this set - they are so cute!!


This is one of my winter critters.  These pictures was taken over New Year's and it was COLD - just 12°F!  At least the sun was out on one of our ski days.  As you are reading this, we are in the mountains doing a little cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing.  (What is it with schools? My kids just went back and they already have a four day weekend.) Earlier, while I was typing this, the forecast was for wonderful weather - fingers crossed!!




SUPPLY LIST
It seems that most of what I used has been retired.  The paper/washi is All is Calm from the holiday catalog.  The sentiment is Mixed Medley. The cord is Stampin' Up's thick baker's twine, but I don't see this lighter blue in the current catalog.


13 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. This card is absolutely adorable. I love these little critters and the way you have lined them up and the inks and papers you've used here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your critter card...so fun!

    Looks like awesome XC skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your critter card is perfect for this week's challenge, Kim! Love the design and the pretty paper you used! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love the critters! Looks like you are enjoying the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute critters and card :) Now I've got the song "what does the fox say" in my mind LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! I can see why you would want this set! Your design is really nice too! Great skiing pictures! Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely FUNtastic. Am such a fan of this winter colour scene. So glad to have your comments on my blog prob sorted ... Hope it continues to work as it is supposed. Will keep my eye on it! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, those critters are pretty cute. Like the fox - a somewhat different version from the others out there. Hope you're having fantastic weather. And not 50 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is adorable...like those images...made a great card...
    Like you "snow" pics too...enjoying seeing everyone's pics! But I must admit I don't enjoy SNOW at all anymore! Too COLD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should see my sister's stash! I'm working on a 'clean-out' here..too much stuff (yeah, like that's possible!!lol). Love those little critters!! The porcupine and the mouse are my faves. You've got great colors going on here too. And I'm loving that glimmer paper behind your focal panel. Great card. Your photos look like you had a great time in the snow. Most of ours has melted now. Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that you have friends nearby to share stashes with, and the critters you've showcase here: darling! Yes, you should order that set (as I did the wee fox from your previous card!), as you've obviously 'bonded' with it! Your card is awesome! The photos of 'your' critters...too funny! Such spectacular scenery! Oddly enough, we're having unusually warm weather, so much so that today's and next weekend's biathlon competitions (my husband works in that sport field; he's not a biathlete himself) have been cancelled: not enough snow. We have been experiencing rain, though...freezing rain. Sigh. Anyway, your post has made me smile!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim...this is just so stinkin' cute. I love all your sweet little critters and your snow photos...stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!