Saturday, January 10, 2015

Lots and lots of balloons!

I love the Balloon Bouquet die from Simon Says Stamp.  It has such a delicate and graceful look to it. (Once again, I took advantage of Jennifer McGuire's method for adhering intricate dies.)  I used the balloons to make a card for a fellow design team member.  I know she has it by now so I am safe to post!  Typically when I make a card, I actually make two - one for my intended recipient and one to take to the church for the sales racks. This time I couldn't decide how I wanted to do the balloons, so I cut three and made each different.

This is my first attempt.  I started with the idea of using a color wheel.  For instance the balloon on the right was yellow; the next balloon was originally red and where they overlapped, it was orange!  Part way through I ended up switching to a pastel look, but you can still see some remnants of the color wheel plan.

Balloons Pastel

For the next card, I decided to use patterned paper.  This ended up being my favorite and the one that I sent, although it might simply be because these are some of my favorite colors together. Instead of overlapping, I picked a balloon to be on top and made it a full balloon, then worked backwards from there.

Balloons Natural

Finally, I decided to try some sparkle.  

Balloons Sparkle

These were fun to make especially since I didn't stress and struggle over adhering the balloons!

SUPPLY LIST

The pink polka dot is from Stampin' Up in a pattern pack no longer sold.  The silver and gold glitter paper is from Michaels.  The red sequins are a multi pack from a craft store.

15 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! Thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! LOVE those balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Love all the pretty colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just darling, Kim. Isn't it great when you can get such different looks from a die just by changing the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fabulous!! #2 is my fave also, cute DP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Kim and I was so lucky to be that recipient! I need to order that die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this die and need to get one!
    Fabulous cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim...just a beautiful collection of birthday cards...I love all your festive balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your balloon bouquets are delightful, Kim, in all three versions! Such pretty cards! What a cool die, especially in having the strings attached. I can't 'draw' or ink balloon strings to matter how hard I try (which likely explains that very rarely do balloons appear on my cards), so these are ultra-fabulous, in my books...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the way you did the balloons on each card, especially that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The creativity just keeps flowing! Fabulous cards. I wish I had a smidgen of your mojo, Kim! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!