Monday, May 23, 2011

JAI: Life Happens

I really like this week's Just Add Ink colors - they are so sweet and gentle.



I used them to sponge colors on the back of a vellum butterfly (the baja is hard to see in the picture but it's on the bottom.)  Then I saw that the butterfly was quite a heavy image so instead of keeping the card sweet and gentle - I had to go darker by adding some darker neutrals and by using a heavier sentiment.  This wasn't remotely where I was headed but I like how it turned out.



The layout comes from today's Splitcoast Clean and Simple challenge.

  • Stamps: There She Goes Spread Your Wings, Stampin' Up Full of Life
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, black
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, black, white, Perfect Plum dsp
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up black ribbon

5 comments:

  1. I really like the colors on this and the butterfly is the perfect main attraction! Funny how we can end up creating something entirely different than what we originally planned, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sentiment and I really like the purple and craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, this is beautiful Kim! I really like how you have sponged the colour on the Butterfly too. It is offset beautifully on the background card. My cards very really turn out just how I imagined them but that is half the fun!! Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Kim! Love that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another awesome card Kim! Love your initial concept & how the final card morphed into something quite different. The butterfly is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!