Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Deconstructed Sketch #1 and SCS colors

When I saw this morning's Splitcoast Color Challenge I almost didn't play.  In my opinion, Regal Rose and Rich Razzleberry are very "in your face" colors and I didn't see any way to put them together.  But then I rallied and realized that it is why they are called "challenges"!



Since the background colors are so rich, I kept the coloring on the flower quite muted.  (OK, I actually first tried coloring the flower in Regal Rose and Razzleberry and quickly realized that it was all totally overwhelming!)

My digital image is from Wax Fruit Company.  The artist and owner, Arielle, had recently announced on her Snappy Stamper blog that she was on the design team for a new sketch challenge - The Deconstructed Sketch.  So even though I started out scared of the colors - everything came together in the end!  Here's their first sketch...I look forward to more...


  • Stamps: Wax Fruit Company digital images
  • Ink: copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry CS and dsp, Regal Rose CS and dsp, Very Vanilla
  • Accessories: misc clear button (backed with Regal Rose dsp), misc ivory ribbon, All Night Media butterfly punch, Martha Stewart glass microbeads

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful job! You did a great job pairing those super bold colors together! Thanks for joining us for the Deconstructed Sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! We did a card at our recent weekend stamp camp ... and the colours we had to use were Rich Razzleberry & Melon Mambo! I felt exactly the same ... but teamed with black and white & a touch of Pear Pizzazz and they worked so beautifully! I am finding the more I do the colour challenges ... the more I enjoy them ... because it helps build my confidence in using colours outside of my comfort zone! You have done a beautiful job ... once again! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't challenges a great way to push a little harder & try something different? You have combined these two strong colours together really well & I like that you kept the flower colouring light. The spotty button is cute & the organza ribbon is a nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!