Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Thankful

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum and here’s what I did with it!

Itty Bitty Fall Icons


It looks like Honey Bee Stamps has four sets of dies with Itty Bitty in the name and I have three of them. (The fourth just went on my wishlist since I clearly missed it!)  All three are on the above card. When I saw the sketch I imagined a row of pumpkins but when I saw the Itty Bitty Pumpkins, I realized I could change it up and use the Itty Bitty Leaves and the Itty Bitty Fall Flowers. I really love fall elements and colors so this was a fun series of 7 elements to make!

Then I got a little stuck at finding a sentiment that filled the space so I cheated a bit and made the card a mini slim so a single "thankful" would fill the middle. Since the "thankful" was a die, it gave a chance to add plaid to the background which always feels like fall to me. (This particular plaid also helped me line up my 7 fall elements.)

After this post, my family is running away to the mountains for our last mini-trip.  We've had a lot of problems getting away this summer between the work schedule for my husband and I, the interview schedule for my son, and an elderly cat - so we decided to do one-day mini-trips.  It's been quite successful.  The highlights have been the best pizza I've ever had at Pizza Rio in Salida, CO plus it's on a deck overlooking the beautiful Arkansas River. We went during the Salida Fiber Festival so I have a few (or maybe more than a few) new balls of yarn to use over the winter. Last week we discovered Howlin Wind Brewery and Blending in Rollinsville - a town of just 189 people but it has the brewery, a distillery, a wood-fired pizza place and a food truck (with amazing fried oyster mushrooms!) The entire front of the brewery was garage doors - all thrown open to the colors and smell of fall. And it was as friendly as it gets with the locals bringing even us city folks into conversations (horror movies and tattoos). I think the horror movies were because the locals are converting a defunct restaurant into a haunted house and based on the conversation, it would definitely be too much for me. The trip this week is actually going to stretch 2 days and we're going back to Summit County which was our stomping ground while the kids were growing up.  So probably nothing new, just a lot of fabulous memories!

Enough chatter - you have a card to make! I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Trinity Stamps Scripty Thanks; Honey Bee Stamps Itty Bitty Leaves, Itty Bitty Pumpkins and Itty Bitty Fall Flowers

Paper: Stampin' Up Balmy Blue, Lemon Lime Twist, Peach Pie, Pecan Pie, Daffodil Delight, Moody Mauve and the long-retired Confetti Tan

Other: Paper Rose Winter Plaid Embossing Folder, Pink & Main Thankful Enamel Glitter Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!