Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Decorative Trees

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell and here’s what I did with it!

Decorative Trees

Even though I immediately envisioned trees when I saw the sketch, I planned to challenge myself to do something else. But then my Stampin' Up order with these new dies showed up on my doorstep the day before I was making cards, so what choice did I have?!  I adore these trees.  They will definitely be my go-to for this year's Christmas stash.

I didn't like the full picture that I got above but I hadn't looked at it before nighttime and I rely on natural light so I was stuck with it. Now I look at the picture and the white tree gets lost so the whole card seems out of balance.  I don't feel like it's that bad in real life so I took the close-up below (then had to edit out of all my yellow room light since there was no natural light!) It's a little closer to what I think the card looks like. (I guess I should have taken the full picture in the yellow room light because the close-up doesn't look half bad - but I didn't think of that until this moment.  It's hard getting older!) The white tree is probably still not quite right but I just had to use my favorite dies from the set right away.


Decorative Trees

I think they assume you'll do gem/pearl berries because there's even a set available in trios like these berries but I don't have those. I just found a small hole punch and punched my berries.

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  I wonder how many cards will show up without trees?!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Stampin' Up Decorative Tree Dies

Paper: Stampin' Autumn to Remember Two-Tone cardstock (the light side of the olive piece), Old Olive Glimmer Paper (along with Berry Burst and White), Gingerbread and Peppermint dsp (retired)

2 comments:

  1. Kim, those trees are darling - and not one bit of the white one is lost from where I'm sitting!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty Christmas card. Love the trees. It looks like almost everyone thought of Christmas trees when seeing the sketch. That is my first thought also. Will give the sketch a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!