Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches: Peace on Earth

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by me and here’s what I did with it!

Peace on Earth


I think I might have brought you the most boring sketch ever but I hope you don't look at it that way. Maybe it's just me, but I buy big sentiment stamps or dies and then I can never quite figure out how to use them. It seems too lazy just to plop them on a great piece of dsp or on a sponged wash of color or on an embossed background - but it isn't.  And I want to get over that feeling because those big beautiful sentiments can stand alone.

For my card, I added a big "Peace on Earth" sentiment from A Pocket Full of Happiness.  I toyed with paper-piecing the background then I remembered the feeling I was challenging myself to get over - so I just did a simple embossed background.  I sprinkled on just a few bright white snowflakes and I think it all works. That big sentiment stands alone!!

I hope to see you play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches. Use a big sentiment and then do what you will in the background.  Keep it simple or go crazy! I look forward to seeing your creations.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: A Pocket Full of Happiness Peace on Earth

Paper: Stampin' Up Boho Blue

Other: Simon Says Stamp Fir Tree Branches Embossing Folder, Taylored Expressions Snowflakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!